Oglaend System is a production company headquartered in Kleppe, Norway. We employ approximately 169 employees and in 2017 we had a turnover of 497,5 million NOK. Oglaend System is a part of Oglaend Industries, which has subsidiaries in 14 countries and had a turnover of 1,2 billion NOK in 2017. The company is fully owned by Hilti Group.
Oglaend System develops, produce and market multidisciplinary support systems, cable trays and cable ladders to the following segments: oil & gas, infrastructure, shipbuilding, wind energy and marine farming. All our products are marketed under the brand name “Øglænd System – a group company of Hilti”.
Hilti is now introducing a new series of products for cable and pipe transit for ships and offshore installations.
We are actively trying to improve our competence and sales promotion when it comes to Hilti Cable Transit Systems. That is why we are now seeking a Senior Engineer/Business Developer that will be responsible for sales of this product in Norway in the oil & gas and shipbuilding segments.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Build relationships with oil & gas operators, engineering houses, shipping companies, shipyards, ship designers and contractors. Follow up on the projects from concept to design and through to construction.
- Provide technical consultancy to our customers in design and construction
- Cooperate with our department for development with new products and systems
- Collaborate with Oglaend System/Hilti colleagues within oil & gas and shipbuilding internationally
- Participate in exhibitions and other customer related activities. Extensive travelling is expected.
- Product presentations and provide training courses for customers
- Sales and follow-up on deliveries
- You are extroverted and can easily build relationships
- You know the industry and have the ability to listen to the customers and understand their needs. You can come up with new possibilities and smart solutions.
- You are energetic, responsible, solution-oriented and enjoy working as a part of a team
- At the same time, you can manage yourself, and you are honest and creative
- You know the industry well or you have previously worked with Cable Transit Systems
- Relevant education, for instance: engineer within electrical, technical safety or have experience with similar products, as well as technical expertise
- Experience in sales is desired, but not a requirement
- You have technical expertise and through your education and work experience you have become confident with developing and presenting technical solutions
- You are confident in using IT tools as a natural part of your day-to-day work
- Confident in Norwegian and English, both in writing and orally.
This applies for the position:
Workplace: Our headquarters at Øksnevad, which is located in the south-west of Norway. Other location could be possible. Travelling should be expected.
Our offer: We can offer an exciting position with a high degree of flexibility. Company car, computer and phone is provided. We have great pension and insurance agreements. You will be working for a solid company.
Questions about the position can be directed to Frode Iversen (Business Development Manager) at phone: +47 98 04 40 63.
Application with resume, testimonials and references must be sent to: email@example.com
Application deadline: 01.10.2018
Employer: Oglaend System AS
Location: Kleppe, Norway
Line of business: Industry and production
Start date: Per agreement