Post-paint modification opportunities
Hilti S-BT threaded screw stud and X-BT HL threaded friction welded stud is a highly corrosion resistant stud system designed for direct fastening to steel structures with painted surfaces. The system is named Fastening on Steel (FoS). FoS is especially suitable for field support and late-stage modification of multi-discipline applications, grating and earthing/bonding of electrical systems. FoS is quickly installed by use of battery powered tools and eliminates the need of grinding, welding and repainting the structure.
Choose the right products for you application through our selection guides for Multi-purpose fastening, Grating and Electrical Connections. FoS Guidelines are also available for download under the downloads section at the bottom of this page.
Naming of products
- X = Letter indicating Direct Fastening DX solution
- BT = Blunt Tip stud
- G, M, E = Grating fastener, Multi-purpose fastener or Electrical connector
- R/F = identifies corrosion resistant material
- M6/W6/M8/M10/W10 = thread type and size
- 7/14/15 = maximum thickness of fixed material (mm)
- SN = sealing washer with steel cap and neoprene rubber
- 8 = minimum base material thickness without damage of backside coating
S-BT threaded studs
The S-BT threaded studs are fasteners with male threads for attachment on one end and a threaded tip on the other end for embedment into the structural steel or aluminum of minimum 6 mm thickness. Torque on nuts and grating fasteners is 8Nm.
X-BT threaded studs
The X-BT threaded studs are fasteners with male threads for attachment on one end and a friction welded tip on the other end for embedment into the structural steel of minimum 8 mm thickness. Torque on nuts and grating fasteners is 20Nm.